Thursday, January 12, 2017

What I Would Like To Get Out Of My TINST 475 Entrepreneurship Class

The initial purpose of this blog is to provide a location to post responses to writing prompts given to me in an entrepreneurship class. The first of such prompts is "What do I want to get out of this class?" and my response follows.

Primarily I took this class because, as a computer science major, I view the holy grail of employment is self-employment. I want this class to provide me with the tools and information that I need to eventually start my own business. I have toyed with a variety of small business endeavors, including my own computer repair business. However, I have never been able to get my plans to take off. My next post will detail some of my potential business plans and I look forward to developing some of these plans in my class under the guidance of the instructor. In fact, the opportunity to develop business plans that I already have in class is one of my most anticipated aspects of this class. Writing it up into a formal business plan and receiving feedback and critique will be very helpful. Besides just the actual formation of a business plan, I am hopeful that this class will also be an opportunity to learn some strategies for success in entrepreneurship. These strategies could include things like how to advertise (spread the word), how to set reasonable prices, and how to look ahead and see the big picture (not just be stuck in the present). Some of the other information I am interested in learning from this class is how laws work regarding business. This includes things like taxes and hiring laws. Overall, I am very excited to see what this class has to teach, and I hope that I will be able to effectively put that information to use, not only in the classroom, but also in real life entrepreneurship endeavors.

Talk At Ya Later, Don

No comments:

Post a Comment