Thursday, January 19, 2017

Guest Lecture from Erik Hanberg [TINST 475]

The following blog post is for my TINST 475 Class, and follows a guest lecture from Erik Hanberg.

Mr. Handberg's visit to class was very informative and fascinating, it was very interesting to hear from the perspective of someone who is currently living the Entrepreneurship life. What I appreciated most during his time in the class was the opportunity to ask questions. In particular, I was interested in hearing about how he has advertised his various entrepreneurial endeavors. Considering that I actually have tried to start a computer repair business in the past, and struggled to find clients and get my name out there, his perspective was valuable. I was especially interested in his strategy of creating an advertising funnel. Using free technologies and products to draw in potential clients and using the information gained from those services to create emailing lists sounds like a very effective strategy I will definitely consider for the future. His insights into the idea of most jobs being a trade of time for money and entrepreneurship being one of the only ways to break that cycle was interesting. Finally, I was really interested in Mr. Hanberg's advice of practicing shipping as well of his examples such as Bat Lables, and joke websites. I plan to find things that I can produce and ship, so that I can follow his advice and practice shipping. Overall, Mr. Hanberg's visit to the class was a valuable opportunity to hear from another person who actively partakes in entrepreneurship. Besides his advice in advertising, and practicing shipping, hearing stories from his life and about the books he wrote was also fascinating. I look forward to future guest speakers!

My apologies for the rambling post,

Don

No comments:

Post a Comment